Specialisation – React Native Full Stack
About the job
You will be working on the next major update of SquashSkills, a mobile application that takes all the content that we’ve produced and experience that we’ve gathered since 2012 to the next level.
Key responsibilities will include
- Working with the product team to break down stories into sizable chunks and estimates
- Communicating the status clearly with the rest of the company
- Coding the iOS/Android user interface of the app, and connecting it to backend services
- Creating backend services that connect to our existing database. This would include authentication, streaming video, retrieving information about users, videos and playlists
- Managing any external development resource during the build phase
- Implementing industry best practices. We expect to ship a first MVP to real users within the first couple of months of you joining us
We are looking for someone who is:
- Straight forward (speak their mind)
- Passionate about Squash
- 3 years of experience in building React Native apps. We will initially focus on iOS, and it’s okay for you to pick up Android while working with us
- Excellent work ethic
- Previous experience working on smaller projects / teams. We will consider either previous work experience or personal projects
Work schedule is flexible, however, most of us are in our Bristol office between 8am-5pm daily with a half-day taken on a Friday. We don’t expect to have daily status updates, but rather have a weekly planning meeting. We’re warm, kind people that love to communicate and share our values day to day.
- A competitive salary
- Working side by side with our wonderful team
- A Macbook for you to use
- Free Squash advice
What are the next steps?
First of all, contact us with a resume and/or portfolio at email@example.com.
Then, you will take:
Step 1: Culture-fit interview
Step 2: Take home coding challenge Step 3: Technical interview
Step 4: Final evaluation
What’s the start date?
We are working on the specs and incorporating user feedback and will be ready to go on January 1st, 2020. However, joining earlier and getting involved in the planning earlier would be welcome. We want to ship our first MVP in Q1 2020.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £50,000.00 to £55,000.00 /year
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom