Are you interested in leading the marketing efforts for a growing international online sports startup, and work in an entrepreneurial environment where flexibility and autonomy are encouraged?
About the job
SquashSkills is actively looking for a Head of Marketing to lead their growth team and take end-to-end ownership for the delivery and optimisation of the company’s marketing strategy, activities and capabilities.
A key strategic hire, with a broad and multi-faceted role, you’ll be working closely with the CEO to shape the company by developing and implementing plans for growth. You’ll be responsible for executing multi-channel marketing campaigns with a focus on driving customer engagement, maximising customer acquisition, retention and lifetime value.
We have a small junior team that you’ll be responsible for leading with the opportunity to grow and reshape it as needed, ensuring that it is set up for future success. You’ll review, define, and manage the marketing team according to robust and relevant KPIs, and ensure that it is structured appropriately, underpinned by clear roles and responsibilities. You’ll actively train and mentor your reports, bringing a passion for, and determination to advance the team’s skills.
The role will require you to continually test and optimise channels, using a rigorous, analytical and data-driven approach, ensuring that the marketing mix is optimised at all times across channels (both on- and offline), attributed correctly and that it delivers against the business’ growth objectives.
Key responsibilities will include
- Building, leading, mentoring and energising a marketing team
- Delivering the necessary structure, process, cadence, quality and discipline to create a professional and scalable marketing capability
- Ensuring that SquashSkills’ acquisition and retention effort is as efficient and as effective as possible
- Implementing a compelling and consistent brand message across all channels
- On-going evaluation, optimisation, innovation and improvement of all SquashSkills’ marketing channels and campaigns – both new and existing – across all relevant mediums, from SEM, SEO, video, paid social, referral and email to traditional media, events and PR.
- Assessing and appointing, where necessary, specialist external agencies (media, creative, digital, PR, etc) to help support and deliver on SquashSkills’ growth ambitions and marketing strategy
- Collaborating with the CEO in establishing a strong team culture
- Holding responsibility for the marketing budget and full accountability for ROI, including measuring performance across consistent KPIs and metrics
- Having a key role to play in the design of the onboarding process for the new mobile app
- Solid 5+ years of marketing experience
- Education to degree level or equivalent / or hold a recognised marketing qualification
- Proven & seasoned multi-channel marketing expertise, with deep knowledge and understanding of digital marketing and the subscriptions space.
- Knowledge of the sport of Squash is advantageous.
- Inspiring, engaging people leader and communicator with naturally high EQ, able to set a vision and bring people with them
- Dynamic and customer-centric with an ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and understand both the complexity and challenges of navigating a marketing function through this phase of its lifecycle.
- Strategic mind-set, but will also adopt a hands-on approach, and be close to the detail, as needed
- Exceptional at prioritisation with a structured problem-solving approach
- Be metrics-, ROI- and KPI-driven
- Passionate, tenacious and ambitious
- A knowledge of squash
- Experience working with SAAS companies
- You have worked with OKRs
Benefits and perks
- You will be a key player in a growing company that has a responsibility and a direct impact on the performance of the business
- Exposure to World-class athletes at the peak of an international sport
- Join a young passionate team
- Share options for the right candidate
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
If you’re interested in the job please email firstname.lastname@example.org along with a CV and covering letter.